Wednesday 8 January 2014

FO: Brixter

Brixter 3


This was actually my last FO of 2013, but I didn't have a chance to blog about it before the end of the year! It was a Christmas gift for Guy. I don't often knit him things, mainly because he is one of those people that runs hot, and is always hot. Too hot for wool sweaters, too hot for mittens, etc. But you know, it's been a really cold winter, and this pattern is, in my opinion, the perfect hat pattern for a dude:

Brixter

It was cold, Guy was blowing on his hands to keep warm. 

Pattern: Brixter

Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK in 'Charcoal'

Brixter is a lovely cabled hat with loads of texture and takes about half a skein of DK.  It's not only a really quick knit, it's also very satisfying in that it keeps you interested without being too tricky that you can't watch a movie while you knit it.

Brixter 2

ABM_1388602332

This photo was taken on December 31st, when Lila was in daycare for a half day and we took the opportunity to go for coffee by ourselves. I had almost forgotten what it's like to sit in your seat the whole time and eat a croissant in peace, and not chase a little toddler around!

10 comments:

duni said...

both hat and husband are dashing, especially together. well done! ;) my wife runs hot, as well, so it's all cotton for her knits (which means she doesn't get as many as i do).

Nat at Made in Home said...

Love the colour. I am thinking of knitting somethign for my husband too - must be the thing to do on blogland - so will definitely consider this pattern..

eliza said...

well he looks awfully dapper! the hat is fab, i agree, it's a great masculine hat!

Christina - a Babys Smile Knits said...

After the great hat failure of last winter I have had a hard time finding the perfect hat to make for hubby. He is terribly picky but Brixter might be a contender. It looks great you Guy and I do love the colourway.

Nicole said...

Nice! I love the combined cable and texture

Jolene said...

Love Brixter in Charcoal -- and the great shots of Guy. And hooray for those occasional quiet, child-free moments! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's a great dude-hat; I dont knit for my dude for the same reasons, but this seems like something he might wear with our current arctic temps - thanks for sharing!

Loulou said...

I love this post! The hat looks excellent and goes very well with his style. And the pictures are all so good.
I'm glad you enjoyed your coffee date.

Tiffany said...

That hat looks great, I'm going to have to put this in my queue for my husband. He is also a hot natured dude and we live in Alabama but it doesn't stop him from begging me for stuff because he's always jealous of mine. It's sometimes hard to find a nice masculine pattern, and this one really hits the spot! Looks great!

Korespondentka wojenna said...

Great pattern. Looks really nice and I think men will love it!